Okay, this past Sunday was Father's Day, and normally I wouldn't get something this big for such an occasion, but Kroger's had outdoor grills on sale at a reasonable price. Eric has been wanting one of those dual gas/charcoal grills since Christmas (which apparently is not the correct season to purchase a grill), and so I thought now would be a good time to get it. Keep in mind, nothing is wrong with the current gas grill we have...Anyway, I purchase this grill (which weighs 500lbs), and the sweet people at Kroger help me load it into the back of the truck. With the grill securely fastened in the bed of the truck (or so I thought), I start cruising out of the parking lot, make a left turn to leave, and the grill goes flying out the back! Oh dear God! I hear a loud crash, and so I slam on the brakes, jump out of the truck, and find my newly purchased grill HANGING off the side of my truck, still attached to the bungee cords! As I stood there in disbelief, some good samaritans stop to help me pick up the million pieces of grill scattered across the Kroger parking lot (did I mention that it's 5:00 rush hour?). Long story short, we manage to flag down an employee, and they gave me a new grill, no questions asked! The best part of the whole story is that the truck was fine (minus a couple of black smudges:) I think the moral of the story is, stick to ties for Father's Day gifts...
6.17.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment