My dad ("Grandpa Bill" to Sarah), lives on a lake in Alabama. It takes approximately 4-5 hours via car to get there, and so we decided that this would be a nice test run for future family trips. Amazingly, Sarah didn't do too badly in the car, so overall, I'd say the trip was a success. Both of my sisters and their respective husbands were there, so we had a nice time hanging out and catching up. Sarah loves the water, and I wasn't too worried about her at the lake. However, the x-factor that I didn't think about was the life vest she had to wear while she was in said lake. Needless to say, she was not a happy camper while sporting this bulky vest, so she didn't spend too much time bobbing around. We had a great time, though! Maybe soon grandpa will teach her how to water ski (not too soon, though)!
7.18.2008
July 4th! (aka 1st Road Trip)
Posted by Eric, Jamie, and Sarah at 8:15 PM







